It's Cooking Time

Cooking is one of the things which I love doing apart from blogging and reading.
Moreover being an Indian and a female, I do need to have a good hand in cooking. People say its the best way to make a place in a guy's heart. ;)

Before joining college, I decided to utilize my free time by improving my cooking skills. So, there I was, sitting in a cooking class with a notebook in my hand and eyes set at my teacher. She used to cook there in  front of us and told us all the basics and we were supposed to try those at home. Being a foodie, this was the best I could get. I used to get all the ingredients on my way back to home and entered kitchen with all of those and my recipe book. 

One thing I made sure was that my mom never entered the kitchen until I was working there. Thank God I was successful in doing that else you would have never had the pleasure of reading this blog. :P


Today, as I introduce you to a new side of mine, Manpreet - the cook *Blush*, I want to share the recipe of the best dish made by me. Why it was the best?  Because it looked really yummy and tasted a lot better than that.
So here it goes...
CUISINE - Chinese

CHEESE CHILLY
Serves - 2

Ingredients Required
1. Cottage Cheese (Paneer)  200gm (cut in medium sized square cubes)
For Paste
2. 2 tbsp plain white refined flour (Maida)
3. 2 tbsp Corn Flour
4. 1/2 tsp salt
5. 1/4 cup water

6. Oil (For deep frying as required)
7. 2 tbsp oil
8. 3 onions (thickly chopped)
9. 1 Capsicum (thickly chopped)
10. 1 tsp garlic + ginger (finely chopped)
11. 1/2 tsp salt
12. 1/4 tsp black pepper
13. 1/4 tsp ajino moto
14. 1 and half tbsp tomato ketchup
15. 1 tsp soya sauce
16. 2 tsp vinegar
17. A pinch of orange read color
18. 2 tsp chilli sauce
19. 1/2 cup water
20. 2 tsp corn flour

Start working now
Paste
In a bowl, mix white flour, cornflour and salt. Add water gradually. Prepare a thick mixture with this.

Here comes the real part..
Add oil in a deep frying pan. Dip the cheese in the paste and fry it on low flame. The cheese needs to be fried until it's light yellow in color.

In another frying pan, add 2 tbsp oil, finely chopped ginger- garlic and fry for two minutes. Add onion and again fry for 2 minutes.  Add capsicum and fry for 1 minute. Now, put salt, pepper, ajino moto (it's a special Chinese salt - makes food really very tasty. I use it in almost all the dishes I make O:)) and mix all of them properly. Add the fried cheese now. Put the tomato ketchup, chilli sauce, soya sauce, vinegar  and color.

Take a 1/2 cup of water and put the corn flour in it. Now add it in the frying pan.

Cook for a few minutes until the water dries a little bit.

The cheese chilly is ready. What are you waiting for now? Just serve it and eat. 
Don't forget to garnish it with spring onions.
This is the one straight from my kitchen
Or you may try something else for garnishing. Do let me know if you try out some new ideas. :)

Don't forget to hit like on the facebook page of this blog - PerCepTion

Comments

  1. It looks delicious..
    But i think at home, I'd just try whatever my mom makes.. She's the best cook I know of.
    Right now, she has made Enchiladas... Awesome right? I have no idea what it is, But I'm still gonna try it! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even I have no idea what it is.. :P
      never heard something like that :D

      Delete
    2. it was awesome… just google it to find out!
      its a mexican dish..i think

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts