Understanding The Bizarre Behavior of Indian Society

As I am reading the first book of The Shiva Triology Series by Amish Tripathi, there are many thoughts that have come up in my mind.
Let me tell you a bit about the book. The book The Immortals of Meluha is the first one which tells the story of a guy named Shiva. Oh! The guy which this book talks about is Lord Shiva who is considered as one of the greatest gods of the Hindus.
The book is an international bestseller and has been down poured with love and affection. I cannot even count how many people have suggested me to read this book.
But you know what; all these recommendations and reviews were not what convinced me to read this book. I have started reading this book out of curiosity. And please, I am not curious about the story of Lord Shiva. (I know Wikipedia and Google exist)
I am curious about how there wasn’t any protest or objection by the Hindu Society regarding this book. (I am not trying to offend anyone in this post). But still, how did the people even allow an author to consider their greatest god as a simple human being?
I know you would be thinking what kind of question is that. Many Hindu gods have come upon earth in human forms and lived a human life. Then what makes me amazed at this?
Well, do you remember the fret that was created for the movie Ram-Leela. People were protesting because the movie used the name ‘Ram’ – the name of the holy God. (The movie had nothing to do with Lord Ram except for the song ‘Ram Jee ki Chaal Dekho’!)
But still, there was a lot of anger in the society for the love story was titled as ‘Ram-Leela’. I wonder what those protesters had to say about the Nirbhaya Case accused Ram Singh. I would really like to interview those people to know about their opinion on the name of the accused. (Maybe their comments would be like how his mother even dared to name such an animal as ‘Ram’.)
But yeah! I do get amazed with reactions of the Indian Society towards all such petty things while we keep ignoring the real problems. If you talk about religion, though I don’t want to comment but still, there are lot things happening in Hindu Society which have been prohibited in their religion. The animal, cow, a greatly respected one is being treated ruthlessly.
India
The Cow Died of Eating Excess of Plastic 
Recently, a post in a group on Facebook Indian Animal Forum explained how a cow died and on post mortem there were kilos of plastic found in her stomach which was apparently the cause of her death. Where do those protesters go when such incidents happen?
And coming to the book I’m reading, I am analyzing this book for each clause that might have been the reason for protest by those people. Not because I want to defame the author or anything like that. It’s because I am really trying understanding the reason behind this bizarre behavior of Indian Society where every important and urgent thing is ignored for every irrelevant and trivial issue.



Comments

Popular Posts