The Confused State of Mind

I don't know what to call this state of my mind - (I am certainly not going through writer's block). I have topics in my mind and I want to write and write more and write more and more but still I am not able to do that.
I need to study, for tomorrow I have two exams but I am not even doing that; simply because I don't want to.
There are a couple of incomplete drafts in both of my blogging accounts - here and on Finix Post but I don't think I'm going to complete them so soon.
I thought of picking up a good book to read but guess what! I am out of new books. Really? Not actually. I have three books sleeping in my cupboard waiting for me to pick them up and make them get alive but no, I don't want to do that either.
There's The Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin. "It's too big"
There's The Secret of Nagas by Amish Tripathi. "I didn't like the first one that much that I would read the second part so soon"
There's The Art of Selling by Zig Ziglar. "I did pick it up and read a couple of pages"
I have already completed 1 season of The Big Bang Theory and I was just about to complete the season 5 when something in me asked me to plug out that devilish hard disk and get some fresh air.
And after a couple of hours during which I did nothing, I switched on my laptop with no agenda in my mind and started scrolling through different blogs – specifically Indian Blogs. And the first thing I noticed is the ‘consistency’.Isn’t that the biggest flaw in my personality? Am I going through that again? Or is it just that I am burdened with work. There are studies, there are the extra studies, there’s blog work, there’s the freelance work and guess what! I feel like doing neither of them.Why? Why is that happening with me? I tried really hard to figure out the reason and what I came upon with was that – I am probably too confused about my priorities. I am confused about what I want to do and what I don’t want to do. It also may be the case that I want to do each of one the things which I have currently in my mind but I am not able to handle all those things at a time, especially when I have no person to look upon for inspiration or courage.Many people have asked me how I manage doing so many different things at one time. Well, here’s the answer.. Once in a while, I drown into this ‘confused’ state of mind where I feel like doing nothing. I completely screw up my schedule for like one or two days and then get back to work. It might seem absurd but this works for me. This is good enough to get me out of that confused state of mind.Does this mean that every once in a while you need a break where you could be a lazy good for nothing person? Yes, it does.P.S. I know you would again want to kill me for making you read this meaningless post but I had to this, for making myself feel better and replenished. 

Comments

  1. This Has Come After A Big Gap ..! :) .. It Is As Usual So Real .. ! .. I Too Wanted To Ask You ... That How Do You Manage All This ..? .. ;) .. It was A Pleasure To read before A So So Boring Exam Tomorrow .. :) .. I Don't Even Have Half The Burdens As You .. But still I Use This "DO Nothing" Scheme ..! It Works ..! ;) ..*Devilish Hard Disk*.. :P .. (Y) ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is in fact a very good scheme. ;)
    And hehehe... You know once I read an article about how writers possess the power to build their own kind of language.. So I kinda try that once in a while.. And this was a part of it, saying something which won't suit otherwise. But it did suit the context.. Didn't it?
    BTW best of luck for the exam. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha ... these Little things You mentioned Above Make The "BIG" Difference to What you Write .. :) .. So It Did Suit The Context .. ;) .. What You Write in Perception is Always Something One Can Easily Relate To .. ! :D
      Thank You .. :) .. All The Very Best To You Too .. :) You Have 2 of Them Tomorrow .!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog and post! I sense the emotion and how you interpret a confused state of mind. As a blogger, I think your writing is flowing and interesting as well. Please visit The Candid Nation and follow on Google+/Facebook. Thanks! candidnation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :)
      I have already visited Candid Nation and it's pretty interesting. Keep up the good work :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts