The Selfish Humans and the 'Selfish' God

It starts drizzling while I step out of my home for a walk.
“Please God, no rain for today. I came for a walk for the first time. I’m getting too fat and I need to lose weight. If it would rain, I would be drenched and would never come for walk again and the reason would be only you. I might also get sick.  Also, you would be the reason for me being fat and when my friends would make fun of me, you would be the reason of my sadness. You can’t let this happen. You can’t be so bad”
The Drizzling stops. I complete my half an hour walk, come back home and get ready for college. As soon as I get out of home and set myself on my way to college, it starts raining. Heavily!
God, how can you be like that? You know I don’t pack spare clothes for situations like these. I also forgot the overcoat. It has become so cold. Moreover, I am on an Activa. I can’t even drive in rain but neither can I stop for I would get late for college. Why does this happen only with me? I know you stopped rain for an hour or so but did you do that deliberately? Now, I am in a bigger trouble. I would surely get sick for I have to spend my entire day in these wet clothes. Couldn’t you wait for an hour or so? Why are you so cruel towards me?”
Every time I meet a situation like this – Rain, extreme sunlight etc, I have this kind of conversation with God. You can call this an argument (my ‘other’ conscience speaks for the God’s side).
While I happened to be in a situation like that once again, I wondered how mean and foolish we act sometimes, in fact most of the times and how selfish we are towards God.
We complain because it started raining just as we stepped out of our house while ignoring the fact that there are billions of other living creatures who pray to the same God and expect him to listen to their prayers.
Don’t we ever feel pity for God? How can he fulfill the desires of each and every living creature? How can he answer to our prayers every time? We all know this is simply impossible. But still, do we ever try to understand the situation God is in?
We do pray and curse God when he doesn’t listen to our prayers while ignoring the fact that our wishes are rarely genuine enough to be fulfilled. 
Doesn’t that make you feel too selfish? It feels like you just care about your own self and maybe the people you like and you want the entire world to be ignored just for your own self. And that is bad! Isn’t it?

Comments

Popular Posts