5 Reasons Why I Hate Tattoos

31 DAY BLOGGING CHALLENGE DAY 9: Piercings and tattoos?
Reasons why I hate tattoos
Tattoos – marks with indelible designs which are formed by inserting pigments into the punctures of the skin. The very definition gives an ‘eewww’ kind of feeling. Why would anyone want to insert some kind of pigments into his skin? Still, a lot of people consider tattoos as the new ‘sexy and cool’ thing.
For me, they’re a big NO. Here’s why:

  1. It’s permanent: A temporary tattoo is all fine. You can get one for a particular occasion but getting something inked on your body forever is nothing less than a nightmare for me. What if my choice changes after a few years? For now I would love to have scorpion inked on the back of my neck but what about the future? Would I want the same thing? Humans are too unpredictable with their choices and they keep changing with time. A permanent tattoo is just not meant for humans like me.
  2.  Social concerns: Though what people think about me doesn’t bother me much, having a tattoo is still considered bad in my society. And why fight for a thing you are yourself don’t like?
  3. Too difficult to choose: There are so many designs to choose for a tattoo which confuses you to a large extent. Many a times I thought of getting a temporary tattoo, I even convinced my mom to allow me to get a tattoo but when it came to choosing the design, I backed off. And it has happened more than once and has added to my hatred for tattoos.
  4. Expensive: When I went to Goa, I seriously planned to get a tattoo but spending 3000 above rupees on an ink mark which would do nothing but make your skin look dirty and make you look bad isn’t a good idea. Is it?
  5. Safety concerns: who knows what goes into those pigments? The machines those people use look far away from safe. I don’t think they take any kind of precautions to save people from communicable skin diseases.
This last reason is good enough for me to stop the debate of whether tattoos are good or bad. There is no reason why one should opt for tattoos. If you’re cool, you don’t need an ink mark to prove it.

Comments

  1. Nice one but still wanna get inked :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivin. It all depends on ones choice. If you like it, go for it. There's nothing bad in it if your conscience allows you. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Same here Dinesh and I am sure the reasons why you hate permanent tattoos would be almost similar to the ones I have. Right?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts