Day 4: Airtel 4G, My Country & Me


She was a cute chubby girl of fourteen who was perfect in her own imperfect way. But she lacked confidence. She cried when people laughed at her. She felt bad when people were rude to her. She thought it was her fault but then her life changed...
From a low profile school girl, she became one of the toughest competitors for the school head girl position. From a low in confidence, fat and ugly being, she became a popular and highly sought after girl in the school. She also got a handsome guy who truly loved her in her true form. And then she lived happily ever after...
Looks like it is story of a bollywood movie... predictable and incomplete. Right? Well, that’s what it is actually. I just watched Gippi Produced by Dharma Productions and it felt good to watch a movie after a long time. But my joy was for a short lived (like it always is). Reality set in.
I realized how much work I had that was pending. 5 articles and then never ending short description work... there was so much to do. And as soon as I clicked to turn on the WiFi, my happiness shattered like pieces of broken mirror. Estimated usage 479.72 MB. I am a miser but when it comes to the internet connection, I am worse. After I got the new connection by Airtel, this trait of mine has been a nightmare for me.
Last month, just five days after I got a new Airtel 4G connection, I got a message that my monthly usage limit of 15 GB has been reached and now I would get internet at a slower speed. I couldn’t believe it happened for I used the internet for just five days. I have used WiFi connection by BSNL, Connect, Docomo and even the Airtel Broadband but none of them turned out to be so horrible in my worse dreams.
After quite an argument with the customer care officials, I finally got my spend limit increased and got done with the first month with the Airtel 4G connection. I thought it would have been my fault for I watched a couple of video tutorials during those first five days and those possibly explained why I used up the monthly internet usage limit in merely five days.
On 19th Jan, the bill cycle for next month began. I was relieved for I finally stopped watching YouTube videos (One more reason behind my sad state of mind) but then just now... 479.72 MB in almost two days while all I was doing was opening 4-5 websites and writing articles. It is seriously crazy.
And that’s why living in this country sucks. I have been a great supporter of living in India but then the way things work here does make it hard for people... No company has clear policies over here. Even the very high quality foreign services like Uber don’t bother to put efforts on their quality in this country. Internet providers do whatever they feel like.
Oh! I was supposed to just complain of Airtel. How the whole country did get dragged in? But you tell, who is at fault? I live in Mohali which is a part of the Tricity but still, here are places where you cannot get an internet connection... if you can, that would be Airtel 4G which charges you like you’re a multi billionaire who has nothing else to do except for paying internet bills. And yeah! Even when you pay, you would experience speed less than that of 2G after 2 O’ clock in night.
And the amazing thing is... no one cares. I have this blog that works for free and that’s why I am writing about this here. Not everyone blogs. Not everyone has a blog where one can talk of anything they want. So, such issues never come to light. The way such companies fraud people and the way people like me are helpless for there is no other fast speed internet facility available in the area... this would stay like this in this country forever. Am I wrong?


Comments

Popular Posts