FAQ: Why The Pictures on my Blog Don't Relate to the Write-ups?



Since the time I started posting regularly on this blog, I have been showered with questions like “Why the pictures don’t relate to your blog posts?” “Are they just for showing off your photography skills or what?” and so on...
So, I thought why not answer this frequently asked question in today’s blog post. See, it all depends upon the way you are asking the question. If you have asked this question with a mindset that the pictures that I post along with the blog post must be related to it, then of course they’re related. How?  Come on! How can you ask this question? I am a writer and I have this unique way of relating things. And I must warn you not to ask me to show off this skill I have had since the time I learnt communicating through language. I can come with the weirdest explanation to why two particular things are related.
If you have a different mindset than the one mentioned above, I must tell you they are not related at all. I have this huge folder which is filled with thousands of pictures of mine which have never been used on internet. So, I pick up one good picture randomly and post it with a blog post. Why? Why don’t I use some related image? Well, that would need me either to go for a special shooting session or use stock images.
One thing I have learned in my blogging career is that your blog would never be unique enough if you use stock images. It is always better if you use your own images/ images clicked by yourself/ original images on your blog. Following this, I try to use my own images on my personal blog. I can’t go for a special shooting session because it won’t be feasible because of my time commitments on my other projects. Moreover, the write-ups on PerCepTion come out of me randomly (yes, this is literally what I want to say).
So, images aren’t related but yep... they are original and I like it that way.  I don’t just feel the need of making them related to the write-up. I just feel like adding a picture to each write-up because that goes by the look of my blog and it feels good to have one. It’s that simple!

I hope I have given a good explanation for the answer. If I missed something, feel free to ask and I must say I loved writing this FAQ. And I would want to do it more often. Any more questions you want me to answer on my blog?

Comments

Popular Posts