Anything For the Kids

Sometimes it feels weird to be 21 and thinking about kids. Sometimes it doesn't feel weird at all. People are actually having kids at 21, I am just a single person who occasionally notes down some tips to raise her kids the right way. It isn't weird at all. Is it?
Every once in a while I come across situations where I have to think like that. For example, that day when I saw a kid who was getting dragged behind his mother while the mother chatted with her husband as if they were just a newly wed couple. And then they stepped onto the escalator and I could still see that about 5-year-old kid being dragged. He could've got injured. He could've got killed. And what I could think of was if you're not ready to raise a kid, why do you even have one? 
And then there are many incidents like these where I come across children who aren't paid much attention by their parents... their parents don't teach them proper manner, they don't invest time to help their kids differentiate between right and wrong, they don't help their child pick up good habits, they basically do nothing and I just keep making mental notes so that I don't turn out to be such a failed parent. I just want to be perfect for them.
But, Manpreet, why write about it today on this blog? Because I just read a piece of advice by a very good blogger about how a personal blog is a sort of investment for your children. For when your children might want to know their parents more, these blog posts can help them understand better and I said, why not. Let it be. Let this be a blog where I share random musings. And isn't that what I have been doing since a long time? 

Comments

Popular Posts